Thursday, September 13, 2012

How I Asked My Maids

I am so blessed to have some amazing friends in my life.  
When I got engaged, I knew exactly who I wanted to be a part of my big day.
& I also knew I wanted to ask my bridesmaids, maid of honor, & flower girl in a very special way.

After wracking my brain trying to come up with a clever way to ask my nearest & dearest, a light bulb went off in my head while driving to work one morning!  Out if nowhere a couple cute stanzas in what I call now my "bridesmaid poem" popped into my head.  As soon as I got to work & wrote them down & added a couple more verses. 
I knew it was my perfect way...



I'm not saying I'm Shakespeare or anything, but I don't think that's the point at all!  My poem to my girlfriends is super basic as far as structure, but has a few inside jokes, makes you laugh (and hopefully cry a little) & is really personalized. 
 Just what I wanted!  

I printed out the poems on nice paper (purchased from any office supply store) 
& framed them in these AMAZING vintage frames I found on Etsy.com.


 

The finished product... 


I wrapped them in simple brown package paper & put a glittery silver bow on them.  I'm happy to say my maid of honor & my bridesmaids laughed & cried! Mission accomplished!!  ;)

Ps.  I wrote a special version for my niece (flower girl), too.


I put hers in the same frame & wrapped it the same way so she was just like the "big girls".  ;)


xoxo Shauna


18 comments:

  1. This is so creative and I love the poems too, it's so nice to have such good friends to pick as bridesmaids so you're lucky and the picture frame idea is so classy, plus a keepsake forever
    Nice post :)

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! love your blog, let's follow each other?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Love those vintage frames you found! Just came across your blog & now following. Excited to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE. So cute, and those frames are everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is THE sweetest idea! And I bet they'll keep them absolutely forever.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very cute idea! My best friend is getting married and asked us through a card. However, she had an artist on etsy paint cartoon caricatures of us on the front of the card--very whimsical, cute, and personal.

    Thanks for posting your idea!

    xo,
    Victoria
    The Stylista Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SUCH a cute poem! What a wonderful thing to do for your friends, they will so appreciate it <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO creative and sweet!!! Gorgeous frames! LOVE your blog!!!!

    ZARA gift card giveaway for $400 on http://fashion-a-holic.com/page/8/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing photos and good idea! I like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?

    Kisses,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice frames!!

    xoxo milla
    http://blondhairpinkheart.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute idea! Congrats on the engagement hun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear!I like so much your blog! I follow you now on GFC & bloglovin!I hope you follow me back too so we can keep in touch ? thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the carved frame, very elegant and sophisticated xo
    would you like to follow each other?

    P.S. $100 Giveaway from Boticca on my blog till end of September:
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/boticca-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing I don't adore about this,wow honey!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet. I bet the girls were extremely touched :) xA

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOSH! How adorable! I think that shows a lot about your love for those girls - and your creativity!!! I am going to the Etsy site to check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete