Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
With the new year fast approaching, I can't help but start thinking about my new year's resolution & what I want to change in my life in 2012.
BY FAR, 2011 was the best year yet for me... I can't complain... I have the best friends, family, boyfriend & co-workers in the world. I love my job, love my yoga & spin studio, love my condo, & I'm so happy & thankful for everything that has happened in my career & with my life in general... But being an Aries, I'm always a little ancy for more...
Here's a list of what I'm hoping to accomplish in 2012 & a few resolutions I'm hoping to stick to...
1. Stop procrastinating.
I procrastinate. Everything. I'm getting better, but hoping to kick procrastinating's booty in 2012 (why must I add this unneeded stress in my life?)!
2. Save money/pay off student loans.
It's time to manage money like a grown up. Sigh...
3. Get serious about blogging.
I never thought I would LOVE blogging SO much. I really want to stick with it & hopefully get a few new readers, too ;).
4. Hit the gym 5 days a week.
I feel SO much better when working out is a way of life... I have more energy, eat better, feel better, have more confidence, & so much more. 5 days a week is SO easy if you make it a routine... Monday/Wednesday night & Tuesday/Thursday morning works best for me. Then a Saturday or Sunday yoga class or hike brakes up the monotony & give you something healthy to look forward to on the weekend.
5. Drink more water & less wine.
I'm really bad about drinking water... even though your skin, brain, hair, organs, & everything else just works better! I also tend to drink a couple glasses of wine a few nights a week. I'd like to only drink wine about 1 day a week... We'll see how this one goes! ;)
6. Wear my seatbelt.
Totally guilty about being bad about this. I know, so dumb.
Monday, December 26, 2011
A family tradition is to give each other pajamas on Christmas eve & then wear them the entire day on Christmas :)
Mom got me these girly flannel pj's this year. My boyfriend told me I looked like business Barbie sleepover LOL ;)
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Hi pretties! It's in the 70's here in Southern California, but i'm still rocking boots, sweaters & scarves! It feels wrong not to with Christmas RIGHT around the corner! I just thank my lucky stars my office at work always seems to be in the 50's! ;)
Sweater (its actually a really pretty plum wine color, but looks more brown in the photos) & necklace by Brandy Melville, scarf by F21, LuluLemon leggings, boots by Kenneth Cole.
Monday, December 19, 2011
In the season of giving, today I decided to "pay it backwards" in the drive through line at Starbucks.
Merry Christmas to the car behind me ;)
Ps. Isn't it funny how everyone has "their" Starbucks?? Mine happens to be a grande Amaricano with a splash of cold soy (only about 15 calories, I might add) & if I'm in a hurry and in need some breakfast, I go for the spinach feta wrap... AMAZING & only about 280 calories!
Friday, December 16, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Kinda sleepy today & it's going to be a loooooong day of work (as you can tell, I can go pretty casual to the office as long as I don't have a big meeting... perk of being in graphic design & online marketing ;))
Went for comfy & casual...
LOVE my new boots I picked up form Nordstrom this weekend
(probably the only pair of shoes NOT on sale in the entire mall).
Buy them online HERE.
Wearing a jumper from Brandy Melville & leggings from C&C California.
Totally craving my long locks for the holidays.
So I took my old tape extensions I took out in February & turned them into clip-ins.
Only cost me $10!!
Tutorial to come ;)
In the morning, I don't have a lot of time to fuss around with makeup. I work long hours, too, so I'm not about to paint my face with tons of makeup, only to clog my pours & look like a oil slick by 5pm.
Here are my everyday go-to products starting from the top left:
1. Nars Bronzer/Blush combo in Laguna/Orgasm. A necessity for EVERY girl. I love both of these colors endlessly & love that they come together!
2. Laura Mercier Matte Translucent. For blotting/setting my makeup & touch-ups throughout the day.
3. Supper BB Cream. For those of you who don't know what BB Cream is, it's like an Asian version of tinted moisturizer with anti-aging, anti-wrinkling, & anti-acne agents... So it's actually SO much better than tinted moisturizer! I've blogged about it in the past & have gotten a lot of my friends & family members hooked. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
4. Ulta Lip Liner in FLESH & Blistex. This is my go-to combo for everyday. Looks natural, but gives your lip a nice full, moisturized look.
5. Benifit Brow Kit. Comes with a little angled brush, 2 shaping colors for your eyebrows & a mini tweezers. Compact & perfect for on the go!
6. MAC Palliate. The lower corner shadow (the one I use mostly, obviously) is SHROOM. I use it on my brow-bone & in my tear ducts for that "refreshed" look. I also LOVE the brownish color above it called Corduroy. Other colors are Cranberry (honestly, I don't use this one much at the moment) & All That Glitters (good for the lid).
7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black. I've been using the same mascara since I was about 4. No seriously, since the beginning of time. I don't think I'll ever change, either.
8. L'oreal Le Grand Line & Define Pencil in Cafe. I use this eyeliner on my lids by lining my upper eye-lash area with a SUPER thick line & then smudge it up to my eye-crease. Then I use Corduroy over the top to "set" it & Shroom to finish.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Been wanting these Zara asymmetrical pumps FOREVER.
Unfortunately, looks like Zara has no plans of re-releasing this style... Sigh...
So I decided to "settle" on a pair of Sam Edelman classic pumps I found on sale on Amazon.com for $74!
They're the Edelman Women's Portney Pump in black suede (other colors available, too). CLICK HERE to purchase.
Is anyone else over the platform pump look? I love platform wedges, but have been leaning toward more classic heels lately with less of a "stripper" platform...
I have no idea who this girl is, but she's wearing the Sam Edelman's & she looks hot :)
If you're like me, it's impossible to "just say no" to my sweet tooth. And why would I want to? Sweets make me happy!!
For me... it's all about choosing options that are yummy, but not drenched in fat & calories.
Here are some treats I always have on hand at home for those times when I'm craving something sweet, but don't want to ruin the whole day with a calorie binge...
I've posted on Arctic Zero before, and some of you were a little skeptic as to how healthy an ice cream so low in calories could be... Trust me, I thought it was too good to be true, too!
The first ingredients are water & whey protien! So in essence, you're eating a frozen protien shake as dessert! An entire pint is 150 calories... which makes me wonder... Why would you ever eat regular ice cream again?!
Vita Tops are another go-to for me. Only 100 calories & full of fiber & vitamins!
Sounds kinda silly, but I save my chewable vitamins for night time to have with my nightly tea! I can't take regular vitamins because they make me nauseous, but secretly love the treat of having these gummy vitamins every day! They're only 10 calories for 2 & these prenatal vitamins are full of good stuff for your hair, skin & nails (no, I'm not pregnant, I just like the added vitamins to help grown my hair long).
I love hot tea at night! Not only does it help de-stress me from a long day & help me drink more water (something i'm always struggling to do), it also helps my sweet tooth craving. My favorite is Red Lavender & Earl Gray Creme. I add a packet of Stevia & almond milk if I want something a little creamy...
Another trick I can attribute learning about to Pinterest.com... Broiled grapefruit! The acidity turns sweet in the oven... Super yummy!
Check out Pinterest for the recipe: HERE
Hope my tricks help you ladies with your sweets cravings!