Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Add GLUTEN to the List!



Truth be told... I'm a picky eater. 
{wince}
That's not something that I readily admit.

At the age of 12, I decided that I no longer wanted to eat beef or pork.
I never looked back & haven't missed red meat.
At around 20, I decided that I wanted to stay away from milk & egg products, too.  
I switched to goat yogurt, almond milk, brown rice protein powder, applesauce when baking, etc.
I try not to sweat it when out in public, because I don't want to be "that person" (I'll have a bite of that yummy dessert or have a bread roll with butter) but truth be told your body gets used to eating a certain way, so now when I eat ice cream or butter my tummy does not like it at all. 

Lately, my tummy hasn't been very happy.  Sharp pains to be exact.  
Problem is, I haven't been consuming any lactose products or beef or pork. 
After scrutinizing my diet, I've realized that my stomach only hurts when I consume products with gluten (that tortilla at the mexican restaurant, the pasta salad at the bbq, when I had a bran muffin for breakfast).

Great.  

Sooo join me on my experiment where I try to lead a gluten free life & see what kind of results I achieve!  I plan on going to a nutritonist soon, but am going to cut out gluten until I see the doctor in the hopes of feeling better FAST.

I'll keep you all updated & please let me know if you have any advice or insight!

xoxo Shauna

1 comment:

  1. you should def. see the doctor if you ave a problem with gluten! Good luck!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete