Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Craving Sweets


If you're like me, it's impossible to "just say no" to my sweet tooth.  And why would I want to?  Sweets make me happy!! 

For me... it's all about choosing options that are yummy, but not drenched in fat & calories.  

Here are some treats I always have on hand at home for those times when I'm craving something sweet, but don't want to ruin the whole day with a calorie binge...


 

I've posted on Arctic Zero before, and some of you were a little skeptic as to how healthy an ice cream so low in calories could be... Trust me, I thought it was too good to be true, too!   

 
The first ingredients are water & whey protien!  So in essence, you're eating a frozen protien shake as dessert!  An entire pint is 150 calories... which makes me wonder... Why would you ever eat regular ice cream again?!  


 

Vita Tops are another go-to for me.  Only 100 calories & full of fiber & vitamins!  


Sounds kinda silly, but I save my chewable vitamins for night time to have with my nightly tea!  I can't take regular vitamins because they make me nauseous, but secretly love the treat of having these gummy vitamins every day!  They're only 10 calories for 2 & these prenatal vitamins are full of good stuff for your hair, skin & nails (no, I'm not pregnant, I just like the added vitamins to help grown my hair long).  


I love hot tea at night!  Not only does it help de-stress me from a long day &  help me drink more water (something i'm always struggling to do), it also helps my sweet tooth craving.  My favorite is Red Lavender & Earl Gray Creme.  I add a packet of Stevia & almond milk if I want something a little creamy... 


Another trick I can attribute learning about to Pinterest.com... Broiled grapefruit!  The acidity turns sweet in the oven... Super yummy! 
Check out Pinterest for the recipe:  HERE


Hope my tricks help you ladies with your sweets cravings!  
xoxo Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment