Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mini Berry Cobblers



Yesterday I was craving dessert, but wanted something mini & somewhat healthy.  I decided to make this mini berry cobbler recipe that I found on Cookie & Kate, an amazing blog I've recently stumbled upon.  


Mini Berry Cobblers
(makes 4)
  • 1 large carton of blackberries, or two of the small containers
  • 1 carton of strawberries
  • 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour (I used regular whole wheat flour but surely pasty flour would be better)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • Dash of salt
  • 1 small egg
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melt and let cool for a few minutes
Chop the strawberries into large chunks. Gently mix the fruit, corn starch and sugar together in a bowl.
Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a larger bowl. Whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter together in a separate bowl, then pour into the bowl of dry ingredients. 

Stir the mixture until just blended.

Spoon the fruit mixture into your ramekins and top with the dough. Bake at 375 degrees for fifteen minutes or until the tops are golden brown. 
 

View the blog entry here:   

 
To make the recipe a little healthier, I forwent the cornstarch in the berries & substituted buttermilk for Silk vanilla soy milk.  Still yummy & I felt a little less guilty.   


xoxo Shauna

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe! Your blog is really cute—so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete