Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

It's hard for me to down a big meal in the am, especially during the summertime because my appetite tends to be suppressed when it's hot out (not complaining ;)).   But, it is true that breakfast is the most important meal of the day & this protein smoothie is my daily go-to.  It not only fills me up, but is SUPER healthy & gets my day going on the right foot. 

1 scoop soy vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup organic blueberries
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup water or almond milk
1 tablespoon ground flax seed

In total this smoothie has about 150 calories (& around 200 if almond milk is used rather than water) & is packed FULL of fiber, protein, antioxidants & vitamins.   It keeps me full until the afternoon & doesn't make me "crash" like a breakfast high in carbs or sugar would.  Did I mention it's delicious, too?  :)


xoxo Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment