Friday, May 20, 2011

Hidden OC Gem

One of my favorite spots to go grab drinks or go to dinner is the art district in Santa Ana.  When I tell OC people how much I love it down there, I get a lot of funny looks because Santa Ana isn't exactly known for it's cuisine.  Within the last couple years, however, the BEST restaurants are popping up down there & I just love exploring new places.

I've listed some of my favorite restaurants in Santa Ana, but encourage you (if you're in the OC area) to explore yourself.  I promise you won't be disappointed :) 


Drinks:

The Copper Door


To get to this AMAZING bar, you have to walk down a nondescript flight of stairs & enter though a heavy copper door & curtains.  The inside it minimalist but amazing.  You'll feel like you entered into a new world… is this bar really in the OC?  I'd expect to find this oasis in NY or SF.  


The Crosby


The food is excellent, too, but come here for the music & cocktails with friends.  


Lola Gaspar


Brooklyn meets Espana.  This tapas bar reminds me of the Haunted Mansion… In a very good way.



Din:


Chapter One


This library-themed restaurant in the newest of the 
Haven Gastropub - Taco Asylum -  Chapter One tripod.  
Above is the potato pear.  Yumm.  


Memphis


Southern cooking with a twist.  Live music (like many of the restaurants down here) plays almost nightly.  


Gypsy Den


"Friends don't let friends go to Starbucks"
This eco-friendly cafe is an amazing spot to grab lunch or hang with friends.  



xoxo Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment