Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vegas!

Happy Tuesday!  I just returned from my weekend in Vegas & had an amazing weekend!  I wanted to share the restarants that I tried while I was there with you…




The first night my girlfriend went to RM Seafood that comes highly acclaimed & has a very well known chef.  My girlfriend ordered the lobster mac & cheese, while I ordered the Scallops with pork tamales.  My girlfriend's dish was sinfully cheesy, but I wasn't that impressed (yes, it's hard to blow me away) & my scallops were good, but my dish was tiny with only 3 scallops & 1 dinky tamale.  We weren't that impressed with the food, so we didn't get dessert here & opted for a nutella & banana crepe from next door… which by far was the best part of our meal!!  When the bill came, we discovered that my girlfriend's mac & cheese was over $50!  Wow.



The Second night we went to Jeleo in the Cosmopolitan.  This spanish tapas restaurant is also really well known with a big time chef…





We ordered the Sangria which was AMAZING & had a good amount of spice to it.  We also ordered some cod wontons (I hated them, but my girlfriend loved them), endive salad (amazing), garlic shrimp (could make this at home & it was supposed to be a specialty?) & flan which was also amazing.  Overall, I would definitely try this restaurant again, especially the paella & if you're a big meat eater, they specialize in charcuterie plates.    



Last, not least, we also tried Lemongrass inside the Aria hotel.  This was a spur of the moment idea, since both my girlfriend & I were craving Thai food.  



We decided to be adventurious & try the jellyfish.  My girlfriend actually kind of liked it, but I choked down a bitefull of the noodley dish & didn't go back for seconds.  At least I can say I tried it, right? We also got the Lobster coconut lemongrass soup & garlic shrimp.  The soup was amazing.  

As for our hotel, we stayed at the Cosmopolitan.  I can't complain too much, since the room was comped for us, but I definitely was not impressed with the service here.  I feel like they have a lot of kinks to work out since it's such a new hotel.  It was, however, very beautiful :)



The Chandelier Bar was really pretty & although I was tempted to order a cosmo, I stuck to my usual Ketle dirty martini.  The bathtub & shower was also pretty amazing (and huge)!  

Here are some random shots from he trip… 



Bebe top with H&M tank underneath, BB Dakota leggings, Pele Moda espadrilles.

Aqua Dress, Nine West clutch, Pele Moda espadrilles.  

Ondade Mar bikini & Gucci aviators.

Splendid top & J Brand Martini Flare Denim.

xoxo Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment