Friday, March 25, 2011

Domestic Bliss…

I'm moving into a new condo next weekend, so at the moment I have decorating on the brain!  I feel like the best way to decorate, is to get a clear vision of how you want the room to look & stick to it!  Find an inspirational room that you're absolutely positively in love with & take inspiration from that room.  Whenever you're shopping for your home, only buy what you LOVE… don't just buy pieces to fill the space.  I truly believe that if you surround yourself with things you love, it'll brighten your mood & make your home your own personal sanctuary.  

Some of my own inspiration… 







As you can tell, I'm a fan of neautral tones with a pop of unexpected color or pattern.  Below is a snapshot of my old living room (a work in progress)



Rug from Ikea, couch & coffee table from Coaster Furniture, pillows from Create & Barrel & Target.  NY photo from Z Gallery.  

One of the blogs I absolutely love is called 
http://www.younghouselove.com/

The owners are a newlywed couple with an eye for home decorating & show you how to get an amazing looking home for less.  Some of my favorite budget rooms they've done:



before

after

before
 


after




after
before
after


before


after

after



xoxo Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment