Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Breakfast

Hi lovlies!!

I wanted to share my daily breakfast with you guys because I've honestly found that my combo of ingredients in my morning smoothie keep me full, energized, & believe it or not, has made my skin radiant & CLEAR!! 

My secret ingredient?  Spirulina.  What is it?  It's an organic & vegan superfood containing protein, betacarotene, and essential vitamins & minerals & is the most nutritious, concentrated whole food known to humankind. 

One teaspoon Spirulina provides more antioxidants than 5 servings of fruits and vegetables & contains more protien than any other food source in the world (by calorie/protein ratio)... AND only contains about 10 calories per teaspoon.  Whoa.  

Reading reviews of this stuff, people talked about feeling their blood "tingling" with energy & almost feeling "high" from this powerful stuff.  I can't say I've felt tingly or high (lol), but  I have noticed a difference in my SKIN.  I have no blemishes or dark circles to speak of & because I haven't changed anything else in my diet or routine, I can contribute it to this stuff.

Here's my morning shake concoction:

1 tablespoon spirulina
1 tablespoon vegan brown rice protien powder
1 banana
1 cup fresh organic spinach
1 teaspoon cinnamon (great for your heart, is an appetite suppressant, boosts metabolism & is of course supper yummy!)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup spring water
4 ice cubes 

I blend this up every morning with my Magic Bullet, but you can use a blender.  

Calories: about 200
Protein: 20 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Complete source of: amino acids, Vitamin A, K, B12, Iron, 
& MUCH more.  

Don't be scared of the dark green color of your shake... I promise it tastes yummy!   
PLUS, it'll taste even better when you see a difference in your energy level, you appetite (all that protien & fiber), your skin & your waistline!! 


The lineup... 
 

Hawiian Spirulina has the highest amount of vitamins compared to California, Chinese, & Hainan.



Spirilina nutrition info... 

 


Vegan Vanilla Brown Rice Protein Powder
(this stuff is yummy, vegan, low calorie, & high in protien)



xoxo Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment